Role Purpose: NBCDFW. com is looking for an intelligent and highly motivated Digital Producer to produce content for station's various platforms, as well as manage social media platforms. The Digital Producer will help with broadcast newsroom collaboration, write and produce several stories per day as well as manage NBCDFW. com social media accounts through consistent, engaging and on-brand posts. This individual should have excellent writing, editing and influencing skills.
• Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by working with reporters in the field, the news assignment desk and independent sources alike.
• Manage production of articles, videos and slideshows.
• Curate the homepage and various other subsections.
• Assist in managing a group of regular contributors.
• Produce all news sections, including the homepage and contribute to local franchises.
• Work with senior editors at Local Media's national editorial center in Miami and New York.
• Be an advocate for NBCDFW. com in the newsroom and beyond.
• Manage the social media strategy for NBCDFW.
• Help grow the main brand social media account pages through thoughtful, engaging posts that deliver on key metrics.
• Make sure the stations social media accounts have relevant content through the day and that the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy on-air and online.
• Monitor social media channels for breaking news and breaking sports news.
• Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www. nbcunicareers. com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area just south of DFW airport.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
• Some experience as an editor, writer or producer at a news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Knowledge of TV and web writing
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in editing video for TV and web and other platforms.
• Experience in a news environment
• Experience with WordPress VIP, SocialFlow and push alert publishing tools a plus
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of the DFW area considered a plus
Team player mentality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y87e-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.