The Digital Media Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of NBC 7 San Diego's digital news strategy, working with other local digital staff to ensure the offering is consistently up-to-the-minute, differentiated, impactful and relevant to a new generation of local users. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment and flair, and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 newsgathering operation.
• Gather, edit, package and publish local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic – on NBC7.com
• Write text articles, create and publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial ''voice''
• Optimize story reach by utilizing SEO.
• Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types
• Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
• Participate in efforts to hit aggressive daily benchmarks for the volume and frequency of local content publication
• Upload content to Peacock and local OTT, occasionally collaborating with reporters, talent and national digital innovation team to create original OTT content.
• Work with other owned stations to pull in and share content among stations, also sharing on social media.
• Curate daily newsletters.
• Manage video livestreams.
• Publish podcasts when needed.
• Upload content to YouTube.
• Contribute to audience engagement on social media.
• Curate content for franchises.
• Collaborate with sales and other departments to execute special campaigns on web and social media.
-Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news; combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
-Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
-Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content
-Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring digital formats that are 100% accurate without typos or errors
-Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
-Experience working with social media, marketing products using social networking sites or creating content that lives on such sites
-Experience of working in content management systems required
-At least 2 years experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large sized market
-Bachelors degree in communication, journalism or related field
-Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
-Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the -www.nbcunicareers.com site
-Must be willing to work in San Diego
-Must be 18 years or greater
-Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
-Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
-Knowledge of San Diego city and regions
Proficient in Social Media platforms, such as Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
-Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Edius
-Ability to use data visualization as storytelling tool a plus
-Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, and Stratus systems a plus
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwjpp-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.