The Manager, Business Operations is a key, multidisciplinary role that enables the accurate development, execution, and delivery of projects driven by the Entertainment and Hispanic Streaming Groups in collaboration with other business units. The Manager, reporting into the SVP of Business Operations and Strategy, works with multiple internal and external departments, clients, and vendors - ensuring productivity and effectiveness. The role is important in maintaining and growing these relationships on behalf of the Entertainment and Hispanic Streaming Groups.
• Work cross-functionally across Telemundo, Hispanic Streaming Group, NBCUniversal, and Comcast teams to ensure flawless execution of projects
• Collaborate in the selection and prioritization of projects based on company and Entertainment and Hispanic Streaming Group's goals
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
• Manage and report changes to the project scope, schedule and costs, ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Effectively facilitate large cross-functional meetings ensuring follow-up of all items discussed
• Work with Entertainment and Hispanic Streaming Groups leadership, in managing LRP and Annual Budget process logistics and deliverables
• Manage the Entertainment Group greenlight process accurately and efficiently, constantly proposing and implementing improvements
• Investigate, troubleshoot and problem solve, proposing solutions for resource, workflow, scheduling and budgetary concerns across both groups
• Participate in initiatives with Insights & Data Analytics on Telemundo content performance reports to gather and present insights and learnings
• Balance data, media trends and competitive insights to inform both day-to-day activities and broad strategic initiatives
• Drive continuous system and process improvements working with O&T team to implement new technologies
• Serve as team representative during cross-departmental & client presentations/meetings
• Develop dashboards, spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps as needed
• Create cohesive and compelling pitches and presentations
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Film/TV production, Operations, Engineering, or related field
• Operational experience in large scale media environment (Broadcast, TV, News and information, Live Entertainment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• A minimum of five years project management experience
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish, with excellence writing and grammar
• Willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
• PMP Certification a must
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience with agile methodologies and tools
• LEAN/CAP training and experience
• Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt Certification
• Demonstrated experience working across an organization to see small and large project through to successful fruition
• Resourceful self-starter – willing and able to identify problems, propose solutions, and implement solutions with limited resources
• Working knowledge of Excel and are excited to quickly learn internal tools
• Working knowledge of visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau)
• Able to work with, manipulate, and present data in a compelling, simple way
• Embraces technology and excited to learn about implementing new systems
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Skilled at managing relationships with and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization (junior to executive level)
• Highly trustworthy
• Well-organized – able to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once in a dynamic environment
• Bold thinker with ideas that challenge the status quo in order to advance beyond current results
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8nqo-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.