The Manager, Business Affairs will work as part of the team which oversees certain administrative aspects of the overall Focus Features Business Affairs unit, including delivery administration and credit administration. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Business Affairs and will work in a fun, fast-paced environment for Focus Features, the company that produced and/or distributed such films as Downton Abbey: The Movie, Darkest Hour, Phantom Thread, BlacKkKlansman, Brokeback Mountain, Moonrise Kingdom, Lost in Translation and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The position is a great opportunity to interact with numerous motion picture teams, including business affairs, acquisitions, production, physical production, post-production, marketing, publicity, finance, legal, labor relations, music, domestic distribution, and international distribution.
include, but are not limited to:
• Chasing and reviewing delivery documentation for films acquired by Company
• Tracking due dates and procuring documents required by Universal Studios' international distribution groups
• Distribute documents (e.g., music licenses and clearance documentation) to other groups for review, and relaying feedback to Company's licensing partners.
• Reviewing marketing materials such as one-sheets, trailers and TV spots for credit and contractual compliance
• Reviewing on-screen credit drafts for Company's in-house productions for format and accuracy
• Interface and coordinate with the following departments: acquisitions, physical production, marketing, publicity, insurance, finance, labor relations, music, domestic distribution and international distribution, as well as with producers, financiers and completion bond companies
• Performing additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by the Vice President of Business Affairs
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Superior organizational, analytic and communication skills
• Self-motivated and capable of working as a member of a team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g387p4-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.