NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
Global Distribution Services is looking for an Assistant Manager to assist and support the Asset Management team as needed, handling various projects as they arise, to include but not limited to: asset research & retrieval, inquiry driven and project based. Assist with feature and episodic mastering projects as needed. Coordination of foreign language dubbing and subtitling projects from inception to completion.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can multitask, handle high volume, and multiple projects simultaneously. This position requires someone with excellent organizational skills, who is a positive thinker, team player, and is able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Assist with extensive asset research on large projects to confirm availability of materials.
• Assist TVD Servicing teams with material inquiries, availability and retrieval of content.
• Create and track purchase orders to Global Media Operations for library and current episodic content.
• Track and update purchase orders with relevant delivery and invoice information.
• Assist with various aspects of episodic & feature mastering.
• Liaise with vendors to explain project requirements and ensure vendors maintain appropriate processes and procedures, delivering on-time and within budget. Respond to vendors queries and provide guidance on how to solve issues.
• Create and update vendor purchase orders in internal purchase order system. Update purchase orders with relevant delivery and invoice information.
• Responsible for delivery of source materials from studio to vendors within established timeframes.
• Coordinating the creation and delivery of video, subtitles and dubbed audio assets in multiple languages, while ensuring quality and timely deliveries.
• Track and retrieve all materials created by Distribution team and/or TV clients at outside facilities. Includes, retrieval of video masters, foreign language tracks, subtitles, and closed caption files.
• Establish, track and manage timelines.
• Troubleshoot and resolve source related issues and client rejections.
• Responsible for tracking and archiving of newly created assets.
• Assist management in improving and scaling existing workflows and tools as needed.
• Perform additional related tasks as requested by management.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with Theatrical/Episodic mastering processes and asset management, post production in a studio setting.
• Minimum 2 years' experience with file based mastering workflows, digital encoding formats and electronic delivery methods.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Smartsheet.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Knowledge of digital platform fulfillment/servicing.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of dubbing and subtitling workflows.
• Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize monitor and manage workload.
• Focused with attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Understanding of database systems.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3598-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.