The Associate Social Media Producer for Access Hollywood will translate daily news coverage into compelling, social-first content across the brand's social platforms and be responsible for daily scheduling of social posts across all social platforms. The Associate Social Media Producer will be responsible for executing the referral and growth strategies set by the Senior Social Media Producer. A strong sense of what performs well on each platform, understanding tone, and the ability to adapt the posting schedule to yield best results will be required. A go-above-and-beyond attitude, and a strong passion and understanding of celebrity and entertainment news will be a must.
The Associate Social Media Producer will report to the Senior Social Media Producer .
• Manage daily publishing across all core social media platforms.
• Produce short-form social video as needed to support emerging platforms.
• Write and edit social-first articles based on trending news stories.
• Cover breaking news, trends, and tentpole events in entertainment news and pop culture.
• Brainstorm, research, and pitch new content and franchise ideas for Access Online's digital audience.
• Assist the Social Media Producer with campaign brainstorms for tentpole and special events.
• Initiate authentic communications with our audience across all social platforms.
• Work night and weekends as needed for event coverage and weekend scheduling.
• Work with senior editorial and social staff to help the show amplify broadcast packages.
• Identify trends on social and find ways to attach the brand in order to reach new audiences.
• Ability to handle live streams across social media platforms.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in social or digital media, producing and editing video for social media platforms and writing articles for social.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to work long hours and on some weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience managing a brand's tone and voice.
• A sense of urgency in breaking news situations and interest in jumping right in and taking direction.
• A hunger to be a part of a fast-paced entertainment news brand that is constantly evolving.
• Passion for social media, entertainment news, pop culture, online communities and digital content.
• Keen awareness of entertainment news, pop culture and social media trends.
• Familiarity with digital content formats and production.
• Familiarity with top entertainment news sites/apps and associated social media.
• Able to work effectively with creative individuals, show production staff, technology experts, brand marketing, and other diverse stakeholders.
• Thrive in the fast-paced TV and social environments; manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• A curiosity for insights, and strong interest in constantly improving and evolving strategies to create better content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo4y2-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.