New York, NY
As a member of NBC Universal's Global Customer Finance Operations department, the Cash Analyst is responsible for the processing, application, and reconciliation of customer payments in SAP Accounts Receivable System with the highest degree of accuracy, integrity, and controllership. Research incomplete customer remittance details to assure proper recording of payment transactions.
• Apply checks, wires, and credit card payments to receivables and/or post pre-payments on customer accounts daily for 120+ businesses within NBCUniversal in SAP Financial Accounting System.
• Accountable for timely completion of cash application to meet month and quarter-end financial closes
• Analyze remittance details, research, problem solve and follow standard operating procedures to insure timely and accurate cash application.
• Seek guidance from account collection managers on complex, non-standard cash application queries, and provide necessary support to facilitate resolution
• Support Director in reconciliation and balancing of daily payments recorded in AR to bank receipts recorded by Treasury.
• Perform research and reconciliation on complex accounts receivable accounts, including matching pre-payments for ad sales to exact commercial time and digital buys
• Perform maintenance on AR, including write-offs to bad debt, refunds
• Code receivables in SAP AR to reflect disputes, partial payments, litigation, etc
• Respond to audit requests for invoices and payment details
• Develop expertise in SAP AR for all payment-related transaction
• Provide feedback and recommendations to simplify, strengthen, and improve payment application process
• Perform ad hoc reporting of payment activity
• Organize and maintain all pertinent information to substantiate payment posting as necessary
• Develop basic knowledge of concepts in ad sales billing, credit, collection, and related accounting
• Provide ad hoc support in processing daily remote deposits, customer statements, and general administrative functions
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in accounts receivable, treasury, or related bill-to-remit finance role for large-scale company (Media or Advertising industry a plus)
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in recording financial transactions in a major Financial System, preferably SAP
• Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting degree preferred
• Detail oriented. Ability to work flexible hours
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Customer focused. Team player. Proven controllership expertise.
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older