Freelance Video Production Assistant, Digital - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Freelance Digital Video Production Assistant is part of the core video production team. The role includes day-to-day producing and editing of original sports video and highlights for distribution across all of NBC Sports' digital platforms, with an emphasis on golf.
• Edit highlight packages in real time for events across the NBC Sports portfolio, including but not limited to football, basketball, soccer, motorsports, and golf
• Clip segments from live sporting events and studio shows in real time.
• Respond quickly to video requests from digital team
• Assist in the creation of sales/sponsored content
• Produce and edit short features, highlight packages and sponsored videos for multiple platforms.
• Proactively pitch and execute new original video concepts
• Create graphics to enhance digital video content
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one (1) years' experience in television production, and/or digital media production
• Minimum one (1) years' experience working in an Avid editing environment
• Must be a team player
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Demonstrated knowledge of sports
• Knowledge of fantasy and sports betting a bonus
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as schedule is based on the NBC Sports live event schedule
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong knowledge/interest in digital production and digital platforms
• Creatively proficient in Photoshop
• Strong communication skills
• Exhibits a passion for sports and sports media
• Strong knowledge of professional and college sports, athletes, teams, etc.
• Continue to develop skill sets needed to regularly and independently take on other positions and/or responsibilities associated with specific projects and/or shows
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8qwz-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.