SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Technical Engineering Manager to lead our Front-End Engineering Team. This position has a unique impact on our Engineering Organization. As the Front-End Chapter leader you will foster a community driven approach to shared Front-End best practices that will impact the entire Engineering Organization at SportsEngine. At SportsEngine we believe in the power of both aligning as cross-functional product teams, and as functional technical disciplines, in this case Front-End Engineering. This role is open to remote applicants. Applicants in the Minneapolis area have the option of working out of our Minneapolis office space. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them.
As a Technical Engineering Manager of the Front-End Chapter you will...
• Lead 4 to 8 Software Engineers from the Front-End Chapter as direct reports while helping to grow their skills and careers.
• Set strategic technical direction of Front-End application development efforts that will have a significant impact for our end-users.
• Align and motivate the Front-End engineering chapter as they deliver new working code daily in an agile development environment.
• Coach software engineers as they write code that is accessible, maintainable, performant, testable and secure.
• Mentor software engineers as they build reusable application components using TypeScript, Angular, and SCSS for SportsEngine's internal UI Component Library.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team stakeholders such as UX designers, product managers, and software engineers to develop across SportsEngine's portfolio of products and services.
• Work directly with software engineers, both Front-End and Back-End, through code reviews and pair programming.
• Help to shape a culture of learning across the entire SportsEngine Engineering organization.
- 7+ years of professional Front-End or full-stack experience building web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments.
- 2+ years of professional experience as an Engineering Manager helping others to learn, improve and grow their professional careers.
- Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment.
- Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of TypeScript, Angular and Webpack.
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience building accessible web applications.
- Ability to build consensus and a collaborative team environment.
- Experience forming and maintaining a technical roadmap around big engineering initiatives.
- Experience running regular retrospectives with a focus on effective team collaboration and process improvement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv163m-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.