Select, NBC News Digital and CNBC's product recommendation and shopping site is looking for an SEO editor to help expand its commerce lifestyle content.
We're looking for an experienced commerce editor who wants to help Select readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding our commerce content footprint, working with the SEO team to conceptualize, assign, write, edit and produce commerce articles based on daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal search trends. You will also tackle other assignments as needed - including writing and editing non-SEO content. The editor will report to the editorial director of Select.
You will be expected to regularly populate editorial calendars and maintain workflows to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Professional experience writing and editing SEO-driven articles with a focus on service journalism is a must - experience with commerce content is not. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in regular editorial meetings and cooperate with social teams and other stakeholders.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping
recommendations. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling. The ideal candidate will have edited articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources to help the Select team deliver evidence-based shopping guidance and advice. In your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
What You'll Do:
• Pitch, write, edit and produce shopping content for Select
• Work with freelancers to update existing content on the site and assign out new articles based on SEO trends
• Create content on a wide variety of SEO trends-sourced topics in the lifestyle vertical, including tech, home goods, wellness, apparel, and skincare
• Oversee and finalize updates to appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Manage an SEO editorial team and work with them to build their understanding of SEO best practices
• Create SEO resources to disperse across the editorial team
• Work with the editorial director to plan content coverage around tentpole shopping holidays like Prime Day and Black Friday
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $90,000-$115,000 (bonus eligible)
• 4+ years editorial experience, commerce experience a plus
• 2+ years experience editing SEO content, commerce experience a plus
• 2+ years managerial experience
• Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Familiarity with SEO tools like Google Search Console, SEMRush and Ahrefs a plus
• Familiarity working with analytics tools like Domo, Parse.ly and Chartbeat a plus
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wkm0-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.