NBC News Digital is seeking an ambitious reporter to cover politics, news, culture and more on its NBC News Asian America team.
The successful candidate will be an aggressive reporter, who is well-versed on the AAPI community's issues, has cultivated sources, brings original ideas and thrives on producing signature work. The candidate will be expected to produce multiple stories a week, including angles off on the day's top stories, exclusive reporting, and longer-term enterprise stories. You are the right person for the job if you like coming up with fresh angles on an ongoing story, if you revel in the conceptual scoop, if you have a track record of breaking stories on a specialized beat, or if you want to answer the questions the public might be asking on a complex storyline and always feel compelled to move the story forward.
This reporter will report to an editorial director based in New York and will collaborate with digital reporters, editors, correspondents and producers throughout the network.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA and is based in New York.
• Pitch, report and write daily stories while also working on original features
• Break news and produce high-impact, exclusive reporting
• Hone particular areas of expertise and build sources
• Make sure stories have the best photos, videos and other elements
• Strong writing and research skills and editorial judgment
• Ability to travel on breaking stories and produce original
• A self-starter who is hungry to break news, eager to jump
on the day's biggest talkers, able to pitch and report
stories that are original, sharp and distinct
• Motivated to find new angles and fresh ways to tell
stories and a track record of scoops, small, medium or
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq96z6-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.