Production Assistant, Custom Productions Unit - PEP
NBC News Custom Productions Unit is looking for someone obsessed with generating exceptional ideas, producing content with a purpose and perfecting execution. We need an eager production mind: an individual who can harness the power of the NBCUniversal News Group and leverage the emerging platforms; a content developer with success making stuff for screens of all sizes; someone who is passionate about all the brands of NBC News; a nimble communicator who can speak the language of engaged audiences and someone who understands the delicate balance of editorial and innovative integrations.
Here's what you'll do: support the producers developing content for some of the most influential news brands in the world to conjure great editorial programs with strong integrations that audiences will love while preserving our editorial integrity. We are building something new with a team of creative and editorially sound individuals.
If this is you, we want to hear from you. Come join this award-winning team!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through February 2023, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Support editorial producers in managing project. Communicate with editorial staff to create content. Develop editorial thread to anchor the components. Write and edit content for digital and social platforms. Research and develop segments.
• 1+ years experience creating content.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or other discipline emphasizing storytelling or multimedia creation.
• Deep understanding of the news content and the opportunities for strategic content.
• Self-starter who can adapt and adjust as well as identify editors' ideas into successful production plans.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Understanding of production functions of shows and platforms to produce deliverables for sponsorship packages.
• Maintain editorial integrity while appreciating the commercial business.
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Creative thinker who understands the importance of monetizing content while maintaining editorial integrity.
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content.
• Imaginative and creative producer with strong editing, writing and social skills along with a bottomless list of fresh ideas for stories and new ways to engage with users.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8wjj-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.