Post Production Manager, Digital
New York, NY
The audio unit of NBC News and MSNBC is seeking an Operations Manager to oversee day-to-day operations for our roster of shows.
The unit is seeking an organized problem-solver to help manage processes for new and existing showcasts, partnership podcasts and originals. This person will help to maintain existing systems and develop new strategies for production management.
This person will work closely with audio unit leadership, digital, marketing and business development teams to build out a strong operational infrastructure to support a growing team and suite of shows.
Audio production experience, preferably in a journalistic environment, is a plus.
• Manage and organize platform distribution for new and existing shows
• Train, instruct and support digital staff throughout the company with execution of podcast-related duties
• Work within unit and with external partners to maintain production calendar
• Serve as primary contact with producers from TV side who perform podcast functions
• Liaison with marketing to deliver content from editorial teams
• Liaison when appropriate with Business Development and Finance
• Develop processes for onboarding new hires
• Provide technical support across audio unit
• Assist with management of production operations including equipment related matters and field production
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Proven ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and work efficiently on tight deadlines
• Good judgment with minimal supervision
• Three years of experience in an operations-focused role
• Collaborative attitude and strong communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
• Familiarity with studio technology and audio editing software
• Flexibility in scheduling
• A love of podcasts and excitement about the medium