NBC News Digital's ecommerce team is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its financial coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Select brand. Select is a newly launched, consumer-friendly section of CNBC and NBC News, devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
This editor will be responsible for managing content production on a variety of topics including credit cards, personal loans, insurance products, mortgages, investing accounts and a whole range of other personal finance products. They will also manage a growing team of personal finance journalists.
Professional experience ideating, writing and editing actionable and reported consumer articles with a focus on service journalism is a must - experience with commerce content is not, although it is a plus. You will regularly populate editorial calendars to meet both short-term and long-term goals. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in editorial meetings and collaborate with fellow editorial staff, social teams, SEO teams and other stakeholders. Managerial experience is also a must.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable. I n your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart finance decisions.
• Pitch, write, edit and produce personal finance content for Select
• Translate relevant scientific research, complex news coverage and expert guidance into clear, concise and compelling content
• Ideate and help create content on a wide variety of topics
• Oversee and finalize updates to evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Work with writers and editors to sharpen focus, headlines, angles and SEO across site and social.
• Ensure the accuracy and standards of Select's journalism across the site and our coverage
• Work with compliance and with legal and standards as needed
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Help manage editorial calendar for Select money
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
• Manage and edit a growing team of personal finance journalists
• At least 3 years editorial experience, commerce experience a plus
• At least 2 years' experience editing content, commerce experience a plus
• At least 2 years' experience managing a team
• Work experience with a growing brand a plus
• Work experience for a major news brand a plus
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated..
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Demonstrable understanding of using primary sources and experts to inform fact-based, grounded consumer advice
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Above average knowledge of personal finance products and best practices
• Knowledge of financial affiliate marketing platforms a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzjob2-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.