National Investigative Reporter
New York, NY
NBC News Group seeks a Deputy Head of Standards & Practices to help lead its Standards & Practices team. The Deputy Head of Standards will provide support and guidance to all platforms of NBC News Group, reporting to the Head of Standards. The ideal candidate is forward-thinking, with a keen understanding of quality journalism in a multi-platform world.
A seasoned-journalist and creative-problem solver who must be ready and willing to teach, support, guide and empower journalists across all levels and platforms of NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo and emerging platforms/business relations.
• Work with Executive Producers, Senior Producers, Executive Editors and Supervising Editors on reviewing scripts/reports for accuracy, fairness and adequate sourcing.
• Advise NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC and Telemundo journalists (both on air and off, across all platforms) on news standards.
• Provide Standards oversight and guidance to OTT and digital platforms.
• Support and consult with Executive Producers, Executive Editors and leaders across TV and digital, on review processes and ethics training.
• Work to educate new and current employees NBC News Group's Standards & Practices policies-across all platforms.
• Help develop and implement policy across the News Group.
• 15+ years working experience within the journalism field
-including broadcast, cable, digital or print
• Ability to communicate effectively and successfully with
all levels of talent and leadership
• Effective and clear writing skills
• Exceptional journalistic judgment and ethical standards
• The ability to communicate and collaborate across all
• An ability to adapt to a wide variety of platforms and their
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Experience in investigative journalism
• An understanding of long-form story telling
• The ability to adapt quickly and calmly in a high-
pressure, breaking news environment
• Highly collaborative in tone and approach
• Prior management experience in TV, digital, or news
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage an array of
responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• Familiarity with (or knowledge of) emerging streaming
platforms and technologies, digital journalism and social
media standards and practices
• Self-starter; able to work independently and proactively