As an associate producer for Nightly News, you will work directly with producers and senior producers to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast. This role will work extensively with our graphics team. We're looking for someone visual, who will come to the table with ideas about how to creatively produce out the look of the show with our senior producers, director & the graphics team.
• Write and produce graphics for the set, working closely with the director and graphic artists on concepts. Communicating graphics requests from producers to the graphics department.
• Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, and pre-interviewing.
• Gather visual elements for graphics as well as assist producers gather for spot production.
• Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers.
• Must have at least five years of editorial experience working in production at the network or cable level, preferably with evening television.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews.
• Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
• Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary package producing skills required.
• DV shooting experience.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pzj0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.