NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBC News is seeking a resourceful Associate Producer for the NBC News Climate Unit who will work directly with producers, senior producers and correspondents to create breakthrough news content for multiple platforms. Attention to detail is a must, as is a drive to be creative. The ideal candidate is a fast thinker who will find the right elements to take a story to the next level. We are looking for people who like to pick up the phone and chase information. APs will be called on to generate reporting and assist producers in all phases of production. APs who excel at these things will be given increasing levels of responsibility, including opportunities to produce pieces themselves, and assist with reporting in the field.
• Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, field producing and post-production
• Research, develop and pitch stories
• Gather and sometimes edit video elements for editors
• Prep and produce graphics for editors
• Research and clear footage
• Coordinate between the field team and the post team
• Maintain field production schedules
• Must have at least two years' editorial experience working in production
• DV shooting experience
• Ability to travel as needed, often with limited notice
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience at the network level or in climate journalism
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in climate and environmental reporting
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88qyx-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.