NBC4 / WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio is in search of a creative, motivated Graphic Designer to join their team.
Our station is centrally located and convenient to the city as well as suburbs. Columbus, Ohio is:
• The nations 14th largest city
• Ohio State Capitol and home to OSU, one of the nation's largest universities
• Forbes ranks Columbus a top 10 city for young professionals
• Best economy in the Midwest, home to Scotts/Miracle Gro, Express, JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide, Abercrombie & Fitch
• USA Today calls Columbus a ''food mecca'', diversity representing every corner of the world.
Under the supervision of the Art Director, the Graphic Designer will create visually compelling graphics and animations for: daily local news programs, sales projects, web/digital content, promotions, print, social media and station events. To complete these elements, the Designer must work closely with multiple departments including news, promotions, digital and sales. This position also interacts with Newscast Management, Producers and Directors to successfully create designs to help the storytelling process. In addition to managing graphics and related files, you will be required to maintain and advance the graphic look of the station.
• A demo reel showcasing your versatility as well as the scope of your style, design and creativity.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to quickly develop a creative solution for daily news and promotion projects.
• Strong ability to take advantage of the tools at your fingertips.
• Must be proficient in Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
• Cinema 4D is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver and basic understanding of html code is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Experience with Ross Xpression graphics system and integration of ENPS software is a bonus.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Design/Animation or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Two to three years related experience preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r196v0-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.