NBC4 in Columbus, OH is searching for a hands-on, aggressive journalist for the position of Executive Producer. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to the next level.
Job requirements include daily editorial supervision of our newscasts. We're looking for a creative, imaginative leader who can teach and preach excellent production values, showcasing and writing. The successful candidate will work closely with reporters on daily story development, with newscast producers to showcase stories, with the assignment desk to dispatch crews efficiently and aggressively, helps the weather team tell the day's weather story, partners with web producers to produce online content. The Successful candidate also will be required to line produce, help manage producer staff schedules, give regular feedback to members of the news team, and work with other news managers to constantly refine and improve the entire newsroom operation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about journalism and journalists and has a team-first mentality.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
• At least 3 years' experience in television or radio broadcast/production
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Must be willing to work any shift, including overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays, and be on call as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm38n3-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.