About The Brand
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities
MTV Entertainment Group is seeking a Manager to join the award-winning team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around their biggest events, including the MTV Video Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, and Movie & TV Awards. Working under the guidance of Directors on this digital team, this role manages content strategy and content production for a wide range of tentpole events and specials, including social account management, content distribution and branded content campaigns.
We have a hand in creative ideation, content conception, development, production and distribution. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Project Management, Design, Integrated Marketing, Communications, and Video Production.
Are you obsessed with all things music, movies, TV, social media, and pop culture, not to mention an intimate understanding of internet culture? This is an opportunity to join us and cover all that!!! The ideal candidate is creative, detailed, and comfortable balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Building social/digital plans that complement show marketing campaigns; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporate social & digital plans into overall briefs and documentation
• Produce forward-thinking and creative social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
• Generate sponsor and branded content opportunities, working with Integrated Marketing reps to develop and execute
• Manage day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on social media accounts
• Maintaining quality content and presentation on web sites and social accounts relevant to their projects
• Creating and handling holistic schedules and timelines
• Track metrics and usage patterns on all platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement
• At least 4 years experience in a digital content, marketing or social media-based role.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Be highly organized, detailed and a creative problem solver
• Passion for MTV, VH1 and CMT brands and deep knowledge of pop culture, movies and music
• Forward-thinking specialist in social media/internet trends and culture
• Experience producing and creating content for various platforms
• Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice
• Command of social media standard methodologies
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Keynote/Powerpoint, video editing, and content management systems.
• Knowledge of SEO standard methodologies, HTML, XML, Flash, Adobe and other common web-publishing technologies a plus.