MSNBC is looking for an experienced Booking Producer for The ReidOut.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests.
• Arrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage.
• Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas.
• Work with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live
television, preferably cable news, including researching
information and tracking down guests.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Sound journalistic and news judgment, political
experience and strong writing skills.
• Strong Rolodex.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented and exhibit grace under pressure in the breaking news environment.
• Meet multiple daily deadlines.
• Looking for team players who are self-starters and can
troubleshoot logistical issues.
• Creative thinkers who bring new ideas to news stories.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wn13-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.