New York, NY
• Straight cut video and work with editors on cutting compelling video
• Assist producers with desktop editing
• Gather elements
• Viewing all video and ensure quality before air
• Explaining edit instructions in detail on script
• Pitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)
• Must have a bachelor's degree.
• Must have at least 2 years' production experience.
• Must be proficient with Desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Proficient editing with Avid.
• Ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics,
geopolitics, foreign policy and history.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.