Senior Executive Producer - Weekday News Programs
New York, NY
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Associate Booking Producer for our early morning weekend show. The hosts are Kendis Gibson and Lindsey Reiser.
This is a short term assignment with a length of approximately 3-4 months.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
• Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio
• Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
• Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, including researching information and tracking down guests
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work overtime, early mornings and on weekends with short notice
• Some travel may be required for field booking/producing assignments
• Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Knowledge of Avid/Media Central and iNews preferred