- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Audio Technician will join the most experienced DFAT® test crew in the aerospace industry. Incoming Audio Technicians will be expected to learn DFAT® specific testing procedures and proprietary audio controller use alongside of uniquely qualified industry professionals.
• Erecting and wiring large arrays of high powered loudspeakers
• Handling and calibrating industry standard microphones and accelerometers
• Inspecting and maintaining rigging and audio components of the proprietary system.
• Operation of the controller and monitoring systems
• Outputting and evaluating real time test data
• Coordinating equipment and staff transit to meet job specific logistical requirements
• Evaluating real time test data
• Packing and unpacking trailers for equipment transport in a safe and organized manner
• Working alongside client test coordinators to meet test specific needs
• 2-5+ years of experience in an audio production
• An associate's or bachelor's degree in a field related to sound technologies
• Ability to lift, carry, and drag heavy loads up to 50 pounds
• Ability to travel by plane to job sites for varying periods of time, sometimes with short notice
• Physical capability to work 10+hours while on job site
• Experience with audio networking for both control and AoIP applications preferred
• Comfortable working with and around industrial moving equipment such as cranes and man lifts
• Experience with or interest in learning safe and OSHA compliant rigging practices
• Self motivated with a strong interest in developing new skill sets
• US Citizenship
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91x2-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Please send resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documentation to Cassandra Dutt
Someone will be in touch with in between
Find More Jobs Like This
MSI DFAT Services
DFAT® Audio Technician
Direct Field Acoustic Audio Technician
Since 1999, Maryland Sound International - Direct Field Acoustic Testing (MSI-DFAT®) has been
pioneering the use of custom built electro-dynamic loudspeakers for the acoustic testing of aerospace
systems and flight components. With over 15 patents, 200 satellites tested and qualified, MSI DFAT
offers a proven and practical alternative to traditional acoustic testing methods. What do we do?
We travel to aerospace manufacturing and testing facilities around the country to erect sound systems
that are powerful enough replicate the acoustic environment of a rocket launch.