Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Our Editorial team serves as the key link between our clients, our in-house production teams, and the artists around the globe working on our film projects.
You will oversee ingestion/processing of incoming client material, management of the internal edits of the film's sequences and the running of various review sessions.
This is a role that will have you developing your skills and learning new experiences.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proven organizational experience.
• Understanding of Editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Davinci Resolve.
• A passion and willingness to learn.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with a variety of film and HD formats.
• Basic understanding of color science.
• Scripting knowledge such as command line usage or python.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in visual effects.
• Strong technical background.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mr. X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Junior• • Mid
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8nwo-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.