Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Maintaining and monitoring critical server infrastructure, including both Linux (CentOS) and Windows Desktop/Server.
• Installation and maintenance of storage servers (Dell EMC, Qumulo, Avid)
• Installation and maintenance of Virtual platforms (VMWare).
• Installation and maintenance of LAN based on Brocade solutions.
• Management and development of centralized configuration and revisioning tools.
• Documenting changes to environment and processes.
• Providing support where necessary in the following areas:
• • Office 365.
• Linux & Windows Desktop.
• Wi-Fi connectivity.
• DCC applications
• Collaborate with other members of Technology team in Montreal and Toronto.
• 1-2 years experience supporting a hybrid (Linux and Windows) desktop and server environment.
• Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus
• Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NFS v4,LDAP,Domain Policy, SSSD,GIT, Puppet,PXE,PowerShell, 801.2x
• Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
• Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN.
• Knowledge of Bash and/or Python would be a plus
• Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
• Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
• Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
• Working with other departments to understand needs and recommend solutions
• Project management, ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills
• Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.