Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
• Maintaining and monitoring critical server infrastructure, including both Linux (CentOS) and Windows Desktop/Server.
• Installation and maintenance of storage servers (Dell EMC, Qumulo, Avid)
• Installation and maintenance of Virtual platforms (VMWare).
• Installation and maintenance of LAN based on Brocade solutions.
• Management and development of centralized configuration and revisioning tools.
• Documenting changes to environment and processes.
• Providing support where necessary in the following areas:
• • Office 365.
• Linux & Windows Desktop.
• Wi-Fi connectivity.
• DCC applications
• Collaborate with other members of Technology team in Montreal and Toronto.
• 1-2 years experience supporting a hybrid (Linux and Windows) desktop and server environment.
• Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus
• Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NFS v4,LDAP, Domain Policy, SSSD,GIT, Puppet, PXE, PowerShell, 801.2x
• Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
• Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN.
• Knowledge of Bash and/or Python would be a plus
• Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
• Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
• Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
• Working with other departments to understand needs and recommend solutions
• Project management, ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills
• Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28bx7-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.