Accountant, Unscripted TV Content
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN TORONTO
With offices all over the globe, Mr X is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the feature film and episodic industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our team in Toronto, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Production Accountant is responsible for forecasting and tracking actual project costs for the studio, as well as providing financial support to all producers in different sites.
Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
• Perform cost analysis of projects using the existing Mr X toolset.
• Controlling, recording, and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular cost and project progress reports for management.
• Month end duties – track revenue and direct labor variance analyses for the projects that impact the Toronto studio's monthly, quarterly and year-end results
• Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with the changes to projects
• Work with producers to track all change orders and update estimates for total project revenue
• Report and analyze the profitability of Producer bids
• Provide bidding and financial support to Producers
• Quality check and approval of all Producer bids before sent to clients
• Forecast and update project payment schedule changes with Producers
• Reconcile costs for cost control and report to the Executive Producers
• Calculate any rebate implications as a result of moving work across different sites and report this impact to the Executive Producers and Financial Controller
• Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and cost projections for all Toronto film projects.
• Collaborate with local Toronto management team, as well as the Mr X Finance team in Montreal and Adelaide
• Provide ad-hoc financial support as required.
• Prepare, provide and present the following financial reports:
o Show P&Ls – prepared and discussed with Producers, presented to Financial Controller and Executive Producer
o Cash Forecasting (bi-weekly) – prepared and presented to Financial Controller
o Payroll reconciliation (bi-weekly) – prepared and presented to other Production Accountants and Financial Controller
o Weekly P&L pack – prepared and presented to Executive Producer and Financial Controller
o Month end revenue recognition – prepared and presented to Financial Controller
o Annual Budget – perform and present the Toronto Film & Episodic budget for revenues and Direct labor to the Financial Controller and Technicolor Director of Finance
• Perform tax incentive and eligible labour calculations as well as crew lists for the Financial Controller and Technicolor Tax Accountant for each project
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting; Part qualified CPA, Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
• Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.