Mr.X - Lead Creature TD (Rigging)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Building on our production workflows, the Rigging TD is responsible for setting up and maintaining complex creature rigs, as well as supporting following pipeline steps.
Tasked with developing and designing the tools and setups to tackle the challenges associated with a variety of complex creature setups. Our Rigging TDs balance technical and creative prowess, capable of scripting pipeline tools to streamline our shot-making processes as well as finessing a final shot sculpt.
Develop new techniques and processes to solve unique and technical creature production challenges.
Create creature setups that support and enhance simulation (cloth, hair, muscle, etc.)
Perform shot tasks such as finaling, and under the direction of the Creature FX team, simulations such as cloth, hair and muscle.
Collaborate with the Asset, Rigging, Animation, and Creature FX teams to develop effective and efficient physically-based simulation assets and rigs.
Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and ethics.
What You'll Need
• Experience with Maya
• Experience with Python scripting
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of relevant mathematical processes
• Previous experience in Creature FX and/or muscle sims
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• An education or interest in anatomy and mechanics
• Previous shape sculpting experience
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• Passion about building and leading teams of creatives
• Ability to make decisions to drive progress on a project
• Ability to solve complex problems and determine solutions
• Ability to innovate new methodologies to streamline workflows
• Ability to collaborate and engage with other department leads for efficient communication
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox5op-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.