TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Crowd Artists populate scenes with large amounts of agents in Houdini. This ranges from huge battlefields and sprawling cities, to animal herds, flocks of birds and fish, epic space battles, zombie apocalypses and everything in between!
Reporting to the Crowd Lead and show Supervision, your main tasks will be:
• Setting up crowd agents and clips for shot creation
• Populating and choreographing scenes using proprietary Houdini tools and work flows
• When necessary, create Houdini simulations for more complex behaviors
• Create dailies to review and follow creative and technical feedback
• Release approved crowd to the pipeline for other departments to pick up
• Work with other Crowd Artists to create great looking shots in a smart and efficient manner
• A solid knowledge of Houdini
Any of the following technical skills are a bonus
• A background in crowd simulation methods
• Technical background using Python and VEX
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
• Experience in a VFX production pipeline
• Simulation experience
• Problem solving skills
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mr.X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.