Compositors are responsible for a wide range of compositing tasks, such as tracking, matte extraction, color correction, paint fixes, roto, and CG/2D element integration in service to delivering the final image. If you have a passion for compositing and can use Nuke then we want to hear from you!
• Working closely with Compositing Supervisor to determine best approach to solve compositing challenges and develop final look,
• Performing tasks such as tracking, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements,
• Producing a final overall look that far exceeds client expectations.
• Must have at least two years experience in compositing digital visual effects for feature film,
• Must have thorough knowledge and ability to use the tools that produce Digital Composites such as NUKE, Fusion, Flame and Photoshop,
• Must present a show reel highlighting candidate's eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition,
• The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines,
• Strong communication skills are critical,
• Candidate must be able to work within a team environment,
• Stereo and/or on-set production experience is desirable.
• Some post-secondary education in related discipline would be considered an asset.
• Strong understanding of Nuke (experience with similar software such as Fusion or Flame also considered),
• Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills
• Able to work within a team environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with Nuke Python API/gizmo creation/NDK
• Experience with lighting/rendering, or other parts of the VFX process
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Experience in compositing visual effects for feature film or high-end episodic
• Post-secondary education in related discipline
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mr.X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z3j7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.