Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
As the Brand Head of Workforce Planning you will oversee the management of short term resourcing requirements across each MrX studio location that we support to ensure that analyzing budgets, risks, skillsets, utilization rates etc, is carried out holistically across the business.
Your insights, scenario planning, predictive analysis and strategic approach will ensure that MrX is able to plan its resource strategically in order to support production and the growth of the business.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Strategic forecasting of the MrX workforce.
• Ensure sufficient crewing levels to allow Brand to deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Ensure efficient utilisation of crew across the service line
• Ensure the allocation of crew is done within the Workforce Planning guidelines.
• Partner with New Business to ensure they have the most up to date view of resource availability to allow certainty in bidding and communicate and plan for potential incoming projects.
• Partner with The Focus (Recruitment), Technicolor Academy and HR to deliver ramp up and down strategies, minimising idle costs and crewing shortfalls.
• Partner with Technology to deliver optimum use of render, licences, workstations and other systems requirements.
• Work with production on quota/resource forecasting, ensuring a robust link to headcount.
• Direct management of MrX Workforce Planning Managers, recognising their dotted line responsibilities to each of their local Heads of Studio.
Job Description Brand Head of Workforce Planning
• Escalation point for resourcing conflicts
• Partner with global facilities planning to ensure short- and long-term facilities requirements are forecasted.
• Partner with Exec and Snr Management to deliver forecasting and analysis ensuring shows and facilities are realistically and sufficiently resourced.
• Ensure that issues are escalated to the appropriate level in time to effectively deal with the issue
• Key outputs:
• Headcount growth forecasting.
• Scenario planning based on business inputs.
• Facility requirements forecasting and deployment.
• Downtime management.
• Hiring requirements forecasting.
• Reporting and analysis as required.
• Ability to manage a team effectively and coordinate competing studio interests to achieve overall brand objectives.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global environment.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong numerical analysis/interpretation skills
• Postgraduate degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or related field.
• 5+ years' experience in Workforce Management / Analytics an asset.
• Experience of Scheduling or Workforce Planning systems.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Macros, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc..) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbzym-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.