The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
The Technical Operations department at MPC Advertising is responsible for all operational tasks relating to the acquisition, organisation, tracking, duplication, conversion and delivery of moving images at the highest technical and creative quality. The department works alongside the Creative, Production and Technology teams, managing the data / digital workflows to provide an efficient and accurate service which is a key part of MPC's success.
The Technical Operator will ideally have experience and working knowledge of the following areas, with specialist knowledge in at least one:
• MCR Operations
• Video Transcoding
• Data Management
• Render Support
• Library / Digital Asset Management
• Adobe Suite - Artwork Prep
• Colour / Image Processing
The Technical Operator will work as part of a team with responsibility for supporting internal customers and team members.
• Proven experience as a Tech Operator
• Good working knowledge of hardware systems such as VTR's, DDR's and Mac/PC workstations.
• Good working knowledge of software systems such as Adobe Suite and encoding software such as Media Encoder.
• An understanding and knowledge of broadcast and delivery standards and supporting documentation.
• Good working knowledge of encoding and compression of video and audio.
• Knowledge of the measurement and analysis of moving images.
• Understanding and knowledge of scheduling and job sheet processes.
• Excellent client / customer service skills.
• Ability to problem-solve any issue by using technical knowledge and experience to ensure a successful outcome for the client/producer.
• Committed to quality control and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet delivery deadlines.
• Organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
• A team player who works well with others, providing support and to fellow TechOps and internal customers.
• Self-motivated with a proactive approach to learning new skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm07o-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.