Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
R&D Project Coordinator
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to films, advertising, and other entertainment. Some of our most famous projects include the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King, and 1917; and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premier portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for industrial-scale production of images, and the software development to enable this.
We are hiring a R&D Coordinator to join our R&D team. You'll be able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
The role will work hand-in-hand with our engineers as well as VFX artists, providing operational support for those that are maintaining and developing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative and our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for R&D, VFX processes and pipeline.
What you'll do:
• Facilitate the agile software development process
• Calendar management and meeting facilitation for the R&D team
• Ensure incoming requests from production are triaged accurately and expediently to the right developers
• Communication of on-going support and engineering efforts between production and software developers
• Helping planning and engage with stakeholders of development initiatives including prioritization and value
• Communication of issues and problems appropriately to the Software Management team
• Organization of department team building events and initiatives
• Assisting the Department Manager with day-to-day operations and team administration
What you'll need:
• Demonstrable communication and organizational skills
• Basic understanding of VFX, computer graphics, or agile software development.
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Experience in a deadline driven, high pressure environment
• Customer support or technical support experience is an asset
• Education in VFX, Computer Science or Technical Animation an asset
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
• Positive, upbeat and professional attitude with a customer-focused approach to completing tasks
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious and organised person looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.