TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
The layout team is a key creative group that generates rapid prototypes answering creative questions from the start.
Layout Artists produce pre-viz, post-viz, camera and character blocking to build editorially sound sequences which subsequent CG departments use as the foundation for shot construction. Layout Artists produce high quality, visually appealing dailies.
If you have a passion for layout and have experience with Maya then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams of Layout Artists - all levels are welcome!
• Create scenes and setups that will be foundations for sequences and shots
• Create scenes and shots by placing characters, props and environments according to the previz, concept or supervisor brief.
• Create visually appealing presentation dailies that matches visual standards of a MPC prototype within given time frame
• Adapt shot staging according to the composition.
• Check the conformity and continuity of the sequences.
• Character/Asset line-ups
• Attend daily progress reviews
• Organize work and prepare presentation elements for approval.
You would be an absolute superstar if you possessed the following skills:
• Experience with physical cameras, photography and image composition
• A demonstrable interest in the more technical areas of CGI (Rigging/FX etc.)
• A demonstrable interest in film direction and creation
• A basic understanding of the entire VFX pipeline
• A basic understanding of Nuke and Gimp/Photoshop
• Previous experience working with Renderman
Technical knowledge and skills:
• Generalist experience and knowledge is essential.
• Ability to do animation blocking and simple animation. Put the characters in key poses to define their actions and movements.
• Advance knowledge of camera, cinematography and shot composition
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.