Technology Procurement Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Junior Systems Engineer role offers unlimited potential to advance technical skills, experience with state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
What you'll do:
• Provide technical support for VFX Artists using Linux workstations.
• Install, deploy, and troubleshoot VFX tools including Flame, Maya, Nuke, Baselight as well as MPC developed tools.
• Integrate off-the-shelf and custom applications into production pipelines.
• Support and maintain infrastructure including Tractor based Render farm, Linux render nodes, Isilon storage, Linux servers and workstations, network equipment, and virtual machines.
• Work and communicate with London headquarters and counterparts in other MPC offices around the globe.
• Work with artists and producers to understand individual projects to serve as an expert resource.
• Assist in developing methods to streamline workflow and increase job delivery efficiency within budget and technical limitations.
• Work with the team to design, develop and implement/install software tools to achieve the desired production goals.
• Assist the engineering team with various evaluation, installation, development and decommissioning projects.
• Stay informed of latest developments in data-based workflows, audio and video systems and the general working practices of high-end commercial post production studios.
What you'll need:
• Engineering level knowledge of standard CG, compositing and color grading applications (Maya, Houdini, Flame, Nuke and Baselight)
• Excellent communication, people skills, and team working skills.
• Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity.
• Strong understanding of storage and networking, NFS, Isilon storage cluster, Brocade switch configuration and IFFFS framestores.
• Knowledge of programming with Python and other scripting languages such as bash, tcsh, and Perl.
• Basic understanding of color science principles is desirable.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 2 years UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows system administration experience.
• Experience with scale strongly preferred. (Renderfarms, Clusters, Clouds, Enterprise, etc.)