With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film and advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
The Assistant Crew Manager reports into the Crew Manager (CM) and Head of Crew Management as the integral people managers for the site. Supporting the CM in the long-term success of the department; partnering with the Talent Team in effectively managing their people which will include performance management, career development, training, attendance and department financials.
What You'll Do
The ACM collaborates with their CM and Head of Department to support the management of the Artist teams and help drive the long-term success of one or more departments. The ACM partners with the CM and Talent Team to effectively manage people including recruitment, performance management and attendance.
• Supporting the management of local employee welfare including hours management, time off and well being
• Ensure Punch Out is completed by the team in a timely and accurate manner
• Manage and report on department OT and TOIL requests with HOD and Talent, ensuring that work is distributed across the team and that hours are managed appropriately
• Conducting interviews in line with department hiring requests
• Manage team holiday requests.
• Manage contract extensions and conversations under direction from the CM
The ACM is responsible for department scheduling and working closely with the show teams to ensure the department is contributing to the timely and efficient completion of shows and is fostering an effective working department.
• Managing new starters, ensuring a positive experience into the studio and team, including ensuring they have the necessary kit and department on boarding
• Responsible for the department DASH and publishing Ones; act as the point of contact for any departmental resource concerns that may affect the show/team scheduling
• Work with other CMs, Production and HODs to assign individuals to Shot and Build Teams, ensuring that team dynamics are effective, and individuals are appropriately assigned work
• When required, support the CM with department reporting and issue remediation.
• Contracting freelancers and vendors together with the finance team
The ACM is also responsible for supporting the CM with career progression.
• Supporting the CM with the Administration and logistics of the creative mentorship programs
• Provide support and guidance to the team on how to use Continuous Feedback
• Providing Administrative support to the CMs and HODs including calendar management and meeting bookings and note taking in departmental meetings
The ACM champions a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
• Actively drive and influence people's behavior and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company vision and values
• Facilitate the process of growing internal cohesion and a shared culture in your department
• Motivate and encourage maximum performance and dedication from your department team
• Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and encourage all team members to use the company tools available
• Manage and coordinate department reward and recognition activities in line with company values
• Ensures that the department team understands and adheres to the MPC policies and processes
• Be an advocate of diversity and exclusivity
• Act as an ambassador to promote MPC Episodic within the local film community
• Support MPC Episodic' external positioning by actively sharing social posts
If you are passionate about having a positive influence on people's behavior by encouraging a team to maximize their performance and dedication, this is the perfect role for you!
Skills and Qualification
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office
• Good organization and the ability to prioritize competing demands
• Clear and confident communicator
• Detail orientated
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Previous experience using scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w43y-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.