Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the Character Supervisor and Modeling Character Lead, the character modeling artist provides a 3D model based on references sent by the client. The production of these models is done in accordance with the internal technical workflow and the artistic vision established on the project
• Model 3D Characters in accordance with production processes and deadlines
• Create Facial Shapes using a rig template via BCS
• Optimize various assets while respecting the artistic line of the project
• Organize your work and prepare the elements of presentation for validation
• Perform the corrections requested by the Supervisor/Lead with an analytical mind
• Maya expertise
• Ability to work consistently and neatly in the topology arrangements of subsequent character distortions
• Have a keen sense of anatomy, character design, 3D, proportions and mechanical functionality of characters, especially on the facial
• Previous experiences in this position on animated feature films, animated television series and/or VFX feature films
• Comfortable with Linux environment
• Know about the BCS plug-in (internal training is possible)
• Pre-requisite in rigging (deformers, paint skin/cluster, controller manipulation...)
• Experience with Z-BRUSH
• Comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnbwk-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.