About the Role:
At Maxis, creator of The Sims™, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best life simulation games in the world. We're great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers-it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks and dare to dream big. Together, we can affect millions of players every day.
As a Senior Business Analyst on The Sims™ 4, you'll be handed the keys to our massive store of player behavior and commercial data. You'll unearth insights and produce forecasts that inform the development of our games. You will report to the Manager of Analytics.
You will work with team leaders from our Product Management, Commercial, Finance, Engineering, Production, User Experience and Data Products team, supporting the continued growth of The Sims™ 4. From engagement forecasting, to game measurement and insights delivery, you will have a significant influence on the world's leading life simulation game.
Your colleagues will be a tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life and a variety of different locations around the world. You'll also join a group of experienced analysts and data scientists as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Studios Data and Insights (SDI) team.
The Sims™ 4 has an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're passionate about games and excited about contributing to the best possible experience for our players through data and insights, come join us!
• Business Intelligence and Game Health Measurement: Take ownership of analysis on The Sims™ 4 business, querying large datasets to evaluate our game's performance, including deep dives into sales and in-game behavioral data. Partner with analysts from our commercial, financial, and PM teams to create narratives that clarify the state of the business. Develop meaningful data visualizations in Looker.
• Engagement Forecasting: Oversee weekly active user (WAU) forecasting, using your deep experience with time-series forecasting and other predictive modeling methodologies.
• Live Service Analysis: Measure the impact/success of live service events, free content updates, and DLC launches. Establish benchmarks and provide projections during the planning phases; perform analysis to inform retrospectives; make recommendations for feature and content improvement.
• Drive Change: Influence decisions and product strategy through fact-based, data-driven insights
• Educate and Train: Be a contributor in our team's data democratization and education effort. Teach users of varying data proficiency levels how to use dashboards and access data. Help those who are less familiar understand the right questions to ask, and how they can better use data. Encourage all partners to adopt hypothesis-driven thinking.
• 4+ years of experience working as a data analyst in a professional setting;
• Deep statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, and classification;
• Experience with A/B and multivariate test analysis;
• Advanced/expert proficiency querying large datasets with SQL;
• Experience using Python and R for data analysis;
• Translate technical concepts to non-technical partners;
• A passion for Games.
• Experience working the Games industry
• Experience with Snowflake and Looker (LookML);
• Experience with machine learning and other predictive modeling techniques
• A love for The Sims™!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8oez-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.