Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Digital Asset Coordinator will be responsible for collecting, archiving and distributing all relevant Animation digital assets for one or more animated productions. These files are necessary to feed various lines of business within the greater Marvel/Disney Studio system.
They will work with Animation Production Crew, Vendors, and Corporate teams, providing training and assistance in the use of the Core (5th Kind) Digital Asset Management system, and work closely with various departments to ensure files are being captured and organized properly. They will be required to understand and monitor multiple workflows to ensure they are being completed on time.
This position is part of a larger Digital Assets team, and will work closely with other members to provide material for various purposes, including Licensing, Marketing, Promotions, Publishing and activities related to other productions. Occasionally, this role will require assisting other team members in non-animation specific tasks.
Candidate should be comfortable, willing and able to travel when there is a need. That includes going to the studio lot, visiting vendors, or potentially interstate travel. This is not a fully remote position
• Greet guests and clients. Ensure guests check in through the Marvel Studios visitor management system, sign an NDA, and receive a visitor badge.
Management of digital asset system:
• Administration of company and user account permissions and options within the system.
Assist in facilitating the collection of digital assets from internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to deliver content to the Marvel DAM.
• Insert delivered content into the Marvel DAM by applying the appropriate meta data and access rights.
• Manual insertion of assets collected from production servers.
Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system to internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to receive content from the Marvel DAM.
• Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
• Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully.
Assist in the organization of digital assets within the DAM system:
• Work closely with Content Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
• Assist in creating and editing the groups within Marvel's DAM to facilitate organization of assets for easier access.
• Assigning associations for characters, sets, days, scenes, etc. to assets.
• Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
Provide front line support to users of the DAM system via phone and email:
• Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
• Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer).
• Knowledge of file formats and video specifications such as aspect ratios, frame rates, data rates, quality is desired but can train the right individual.
• Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
• Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
• Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed
• 6 months or more working on theatrical productions
• Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Shotgun, Filemaker, Photoshop and Final Cut.
• Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
• Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, letterboxing, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
• High School diploma or equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjxbxb-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.