Podcast Programming Manager
New York, NY
Marvel New Media is seeking an Associate Podcast Producer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its podcast, studio, field, and live event business. This New York-based production team is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms.
• This candidate will be responsible for editing, mixing, and mastering audio on a variety of new media projects – both non-fiction and narrative based.
• Log tape in Pro Tools
• Assist hosts and producers with research and interview prep, often on short notice
• Assist with recordings in studio and in the field – some travel outside of NYC could be possible
• Coordinate tape synch-ers and assisting in booking recording sessions
• Handle the coordination, uploading and publishing of completed episodes – including writing copy for episode descriptions, titles, etc.
• Brainstorm episode topics and guests for both original content and content that supports other Marvel lines of business
Candidate will report to the Director of Audio Development.
• 3 years of audio editing experience
• Mastery of Pro Tools
• Proficiency in studio, field, and post-production audio work
• Experience working with audio for video and experience or interest in sound design
• Strong communication skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while remaining composed and productive
• Ability to take direction and work independently within a collaborative, team setting
• Basic to strong knowledge of the Marvel brand and its characters
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels of production
Bachelor's degree (Music/TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.