Production Coordinator (StageCraft Content)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Stagecraft Content department provides visuals captured in-camera during principal photography. Working with the Producer and/or Production Manager, the Production Coordinator assists the Stagecraft Content team with scheduling, communication and coordination support to create Real Time environments and assets for Virtual Production.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline's body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs
• Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your discipline crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within Shotgun as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team
• Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc.
• Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to assets or shot.
• Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets
• Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline accomplishments and next steps
• If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
• Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
• Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into Shotgun/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
• Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues)
• Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues
• Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies
• Perform special projects as needed
• Additional responsibilities as needed on shows:
• May accompany VFX Supervisor and Layout on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and Layout information.
• Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget
• Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors. Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film.
• Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required
• Proven work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Understanding of Linux required.
• Must possess very strong organizational skills and have the ability to juggle multiple projects. The ability to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting strict deadlines.
• Must have strong communication skills and be able to work with diverse personalities
• Attention to detail and follow through
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
• Ability to travel as needed
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkqo68-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.