CG Talent Manager
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Alongside the VFX Producer and key creatives, the ILM Vancouver Associate VFX Producer (AP) creates and communicates the main show schedule, including pre-production, assets, and shot production. Under the guidance of the VFX Producer, they will manage the budget for assigned projects. They will also guide, manage, and mentor the Production Managers (PM), Production Coordinators (Coord), and Production Assistants (PA) on their show.
What you'll do
• Step up where necessary to act as ''right hand'' to VFX Producer in case of absence, attending bi-weekly production meetings, escalating show issues to EIC, etc.
• In partnership with VFX Producer and Production Accountant, regularly check EFC to ensure work is on budget
• Organize and runs bidding meetings as needed
• Manage the change order process
• In partnership with VFX Producer and VFX Supervisor, define global leadership needs, outline basic roles & responsibilities during pre-production
• Oversee internal shot turnover process, including shot creation in production tracking system
• Create, maintain, and communicate crew ramps to Talent Managers, VFX Producer, Show Leadership and production teams
• Attend CG Status meetings, work with Talent Managers on crew conflicts
• Drive, update, and regularly communicate changes on show schedule and deliveries
• Work with Coords on creating, updating, and communicating their department schedules, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met
• Prepare and run weekly show update meetings (hallway)
• Oversee all deliveries, both physical and digital, using secured delivery system; keeps an eye on log of all deliveries
• Produce Weekly Status Reports, including all show statistics for VFX Producer; communicates to relevant parties
• Act as PM on shows where budget does not permit both AP and PM
• Evaluate performance of supervisors, leads, and production team in relation to their output and productivity
• At discretion of VFX Producer, where required, engage and communicate with client on non-budget related items such as show schedule, TO schedules, deliveries, etc.
• Assist VFX Producer in maintaining and updating latest bids
• Communicate closely with global AP and/or PM on bid updates, ingests, overall schedule & priorities, TO dates, various delivery dates, etc.
• 3PP Management:
• Plan with VFX Supervisors and VFX Producer for VFX work to be outsourced to 3PP
• Proactively look for opportunities to send VFX work to 3PP during capacity constraints at ILM
• Help identify 3PP vendors appropriate for body of VFX work
• Prepare 3PP bidding packages, spearhead 3PP cost analysis and weekly cost reporting
• Work with Global Production and Business Affairs to award work to vendors
• Serve as point person for 3PP vendor communication
• Problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations
• Create, organize, and maintain project schedule for all work executed at 3PP
• Manage the budget and EFC for all 3PP work- meets or exceeds budget and schedule targets
• Provide support as liaison with 3PP vendors for technical and creative issues that arises to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to
• Manage change order process
• Manage client contact related to 3PP
What we're looking for
• You've been a production manager on multiple shows and displayed the following abilities:
• a proven solution-driven decision-maker
• respond proactively to unforeseen changes to any agreed plans
• see the bigger picture of a show as well as the even larger picture of being part of a global company
• justify and problem-solve schedule/manweeks changes and fully grasp its impact on budget
• help out new PMs, working with the PM group to ensure all shows run smoothly
• communicate efficiently with 3PP or client
• successfully manage and resolve miscommunications, conflict, etc.
• mentoring PAs, Coords, PMs
• Familiarity with financial scenarios, understand changes that impact finances such as changes to methodology
• Highly skilled communicator, must include communication experience across multiple sites or 3PP
• Solid command of production scheduling and tracking
• Solid understanding of the pipeline workflow
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high pressured environment without losing composure
• Fluent in Shotgun, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of Linux a plus
• At ease engaging in higher level conversations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq80b1-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.