Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Animator creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and works under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What you'll do
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
• Participate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Responsible for acting as a ''mentor'' to Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots
• Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
What we're looking for
• You probably have 3 or more years of relevant professional VFX experience and a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation
• Demonstrate experience working in computer animation with a focus on detailed, hyper real mocap and facial performance
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by a portfolio, demo reel and/or references
• Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision
• Excellent organization and communication skills
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.