- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Description:This exciting position is with our historic Skunk Works program. Skunk Works is an integral part of Lockheed's Aeronautics business area responsible for advanced systems development including conceptual design and rapid prototyping of clean sheet solutions and improvements, and derivatives to existing systems. The ideal skunk is an agile, multi-faceted teammate who loves to solve our customer's most difficult challenges. Some of our unclassified projects include the U-2, SR-71 Blackbird, F-22 Raptor, F-117 Nighthawk, and the F-35 Lightning II.
Learn more about some of the incredible things we do:
This position offering an exceptional opportunity to join a highly talented, and forward-thinking 3D design team. The selected individual will work closely with project managers, video producers, web designers, graphic designers and other 3D teams to create impressive animations and interactive products to meet internal and external customer needs. The ideal candidate will have a customer-focused mindset to realize and enhance each customer’s vision, while providing an enjoyable customer service experience.
The candidate will be responsible for producing highly technical animated experiences to help people understand complex systems and ideas by “bringing concepts to life,” allowing for better, faster decision making and, ultimately, assisting programs in winning new business and performing on existing programs. This includes development of realistic aircraft, weapons and environment models. Candidate must be capable of developing story boards, models, scenes, lighting, animation, rendering and compositing in both team and independent environments.
The candidate should have good communication, coordination, and organizational skills. This individual will need to be able to collaborate well with engineering subject matter experts and be able to multi-task in a time critical environment.
*Must be able to obtain a Secret DoD Security Clearance to be considered for this position*
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in 3D animation or game development.
- Experience creating realistic renders in an industrial setting
- Experience with real-time 3D tools including Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Strong handle on design, storytelling, and film making principles
- Ability to track and manage work on multiple overlapping projects of varying complexity
- Expertise in Autodesk Maya
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong problem-solving techniques
- Demonstrated dedication to creating positive client experiences
- Passion and curiosity for new technologies
- *Experience with CAD software packages such as Dassault Catia, 3DX and Siemens Teamcenter Visualization a plus*
Other Important Information You Should Know
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Relocation Available: Possible
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
- Healthcare:Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
- 401(k)/Retirement Plans:Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
- Professional Development:We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave:Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
- Paid Time Off:We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
- Flex-time:Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Expression of Interest:By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8j93-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions