Sr. Storage Engineer - Infrastructure
Awesome Job: Senior Software Engineer – Backend Technologies
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA OR Scottsdale, AZ
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
At Ticketmaster, we are the team that is responsible for our customer's account systems and post-purchase experience, providing high volume, low latency authentication systems and feature-rich, highly reliable ticket, order, resale management systems for the fan facing experience. Being part of this team, The successful candidate will be an integral member of the system that supports millions of fans and clients every day.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter and provides technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. The role will be responsible for translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products.
The role will be challenged to envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow your technical/leadership skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Participate in development work across globally distributed software teams.
• Ensure applicability of global applications to global markets.
• Ability to organize, prioritize; multitask
• Connect with a series of stakeholders in order to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand and provide technical recommendations and sizing.
• Objectively explore multiple approaches and recommend the best technical direction including logic and reasoning.
• Meaningful participation in web, native app and service layer architecture design.
• Spike and prototype.
• Write exemplary code.
• Own the full development and deployment cycle for your software.
• Encourage and mentor Junior Engineers in their craft.
• Debug and triage production application issues, often not your own.
• Automate testing, deployments, performance, and recovery.
• 7+ years of strong experience in designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling of distributed applications and services.
• Programming experience in developing applications using Java, Spring, Spring boot.
• Good Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented Design patterns, principles and computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Expert in building microservices, and RESTful APIs.
• Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging, fixing issues, and finding possibilities to automate routine tasks.
• Experience in a cloud-native stack; cloud services (e.g. AWS), containerized compute (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform), and CI/CD (e.g. GitLab).
• Professional experience and understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
• Understanding and experience in streaming data technologies (e.g. Kafka).
• Experience in creating testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring the quality of the product using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Mockito, WireMock, Jest.
• Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Jira, or equivalents.
• Exhibits outstanding communication, collaboration, time management, mentorship, and working independently or with a team seamlessly
• Familiarity with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash.
• Experience in evaluating technical feasibility of a project, work breakdown and providing estimates on effort and risk.
• Autonomous and proactive
• Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• Can consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
• Can work with minimal supervision
• Can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• Maintain and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
• Passionate about technology, software development and transformation
• Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be ma
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqov99-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.