Awesome Job: Software Engineer II
Great Location: San Francisco, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
A career at TicketWeb will challenge and engage you. TicketWeb is the division of Ticketmaster focused on independent clubs, venues and promoters. We provide self-service event management tools that connect fans with our clients. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
Over the last 20 years, TicketWeb has assembled the top software engineers and seasoned veterans from the entertainment and the ticketing industries. We're all united by the goal of providing the very best online services to venues and event promoters, and the very best access and information to the fan.
The Software Engineer will provide high quality technological solutions that address business needs for TicketWeb's web-based ticketing platform. This includes development for a core set of new features, along with maintenance of existing modules. The candidate will participate in design sessions, work closely with product & other non-technical staff, perform heads down development, write unit tests, work with QA on test plans, and create necessary documentation.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments
• Create and document Technical designs, Architecture & implementation strategy by creating Data flow diagrams, Flowcharts, Sequence diagrams etc.
• Participate in SDLC processes like Stand-ups, status meetings, grooming, release planning etc
• Participate in Project brainstorming sessions and work with Product Team and Development team to understand business requirements and provide feedback
• Participate in Code reviews, and mentor junior engineers through design & code reviews.
• Deliver project on time with high quality
• Take on DevOps responsibilities by participating in On-Call rotation with other team members and owning mitigation of service interruptions and application support & code release
• 4+ years professional hands on Java experience
• Professional experience with Scala or other JVM languages such as Kotlin or Groovy
• A good working knowledge of the Akka Framework, Actor Model and distributed applications
• A bachelors degree in CS/Information Systems or related field, Masters preferred
• Proficiency with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java
• Understanding of Linux & infrastructure & AWS ecosystem
• Development with Spring or other IoC frameworks
• Demonstrated knowledge with NoSQL/Relational DB skills
• Hibernate or templating other object-relational mapping framework
• Strong experience with working in a team and as an individual
• Experience with version control systems such as Git
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Test driven development and Unit testing with Junit
• Knowledge of Build tools Maven / Gradle / SBT Strong cross-browser skills, i.e. CSS/JS/DOM/Ajax
• UI frameworks such as JSF/Freemarker/Velocity
• Familiarity with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g. Apache, Jakarta, etc.
• MicroService Architecture
• Strong process background in Agile development
• Prior experience working for a high volume, high demand web based application
• Scripting skills, e.g. Perl, Ruby, shell, etc.
• Lucene based Search Engine frameworks like Elastic Search.
• Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
• Understanding of automated testing framework.
• Above all else, candidates must have the proven ability to be problem-solvers. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
• We are seeking candidates who are proactive, self-starters, and have a proven track record to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with a team as required.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk38x4-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.