We are seeking a Special Events Sales Manager for Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas. The Special Events Sales Manager will sell and organize parties and special events by market segment as determined and assigned by the Director of Sales. Assist in achieving annual team goals and provide direct support to the Director of Sales. Accountability for the success of the Special Events department in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
I. Financial Performance of Department(s)
• Aggressively ensure that revenue is generated in accordance to individual sales quota established by DOS and track financials per market segment, per month and per quarter.
• Assist DOS in creating annual sales plans for each market segment; Convention, Association, Incentive, Tour &Travel, Social, Local, Corporate; SMERF, DMC, etc.
II. Essential Duties
• Meet and exceed individual sales goals
• Consistently fulfill sales call quotas and required tracking protocol
• Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues
• Handle initial phone call and electronic inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
• Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories
• Build, maintain and target client database (from internal and external sources): convention business, tour operators, meeting planners, party planners, corporate, social, concierges, non-profit, fundraisers, DMC's, etc.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with Convention & Visitors Bureau, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors
• Help to ensure optimal perception of Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas within the community as well as within professional organizations
• Maintain Brooklyn Bowl Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook
• With DOS, ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO's, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, etc.) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Maintain accurate event financial records and adhere to required departmental and organizational processes/protocol
• Generation of proposals
• Generation of Special Events Orders
• Contract negotiations
• Generation of contracts
• Post-event correspondence
• Client relations
• Maintain and communicate current event information on talent calendar
• Ensure accurate file maintenance (Tripleseat, Sharefile and Dropbox)
• Working knowledge and expertise in use of Tripleseat, Sharefile, Dropbox, etc.
• Management of software programs affiliated with the department; Tripleseat, Sharefile, Dropbox, etc.
• Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction, event execution and operational communication
• Ensure staffing levels are fulfilled by the Event Services Manager
• Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations
• Create internal/external promotional programs and track results
• Fulfill expectations outlined within the strategic monthly sales plan, monthly initiatives, SMART plan, annual goals, and other reports requested / required
• Develop sales strategy for defined market segments, industries & conventions
• Build and maintain client database(s) in Tripleseat
• Actively solicit business through local civic and business organizations (Convention Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, MPI, HSMAI ILEA, PCMA etc.)
• Assist in development of sales collateral material
• Assist in updating of venue sales website, on-line venue listings and assigned social media applications
• Attends tradeshows, networking events, sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts at the direction of the Director of Sales
• Geographically determine and participate in marketing the venue to trade shows, both locally and nationally at the Director of Sales direction
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, special event operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing) and guest relations
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts and financial knowledge
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner
• High school diploma required
• Three to five years sales experience in the hospitality industry; experience in catering sales/social/wedding markets highly preferred
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
• Local market experience and relationships
Physical Work Demands:
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects
• Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Sales Manager will be evaluated on the following qualities:
• Punctuality and Attendance
• Attitude and Teamwork
• Job Skills / Productivity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Adherence to Company Policies
• Working Relationships
Brooklyn Bowl strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national
origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rev2p5-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.