JOB DESCRIPTION – Principal Engineer – Office of the Chief Engineer
Location: Hollywood, CA
Division: Office of the Chief Engineer
Line Manager: Chief Engineer
Contract Terms: Full Time / Regular
The office of the Chief Engineer leads the core standards, the principals, and engineering culture of Ticketmaster's engineering groups. We oversee the development of highly complex applications, with the goal of streamlining business operations and improving overall agility of the organization.
At the core of what we do will always remain people. While Ticketmaster and Livenation ship a huge number of initiatives constantly, all to give the fan the unique live experience, our people is what makes it all happen. This that important detail that is so often overlooked. It is all too easy to strip off the humanity from other's handiwork and hide the fact that their fingerprints are all over everything we do. Our mission is to help our many artists integrate each of their parts into the whole.
We are looking for an engineer to become a key contributor in the office of the Chief Engineer, playing a significant role connecting fans with the live events they love. Ticketmaster has over 40 years of unique global data about the relationship between fans and the entertainment that they want to see. We are seeking passionate individuals to help turn these data into products through scientific discovery and engineering. At Ticketmaster, you will work with large real-time datasets representing complex events and interactions.
The position will require deep knowledge and expertise in Kafka, distributed computing, ecommerce systems, cryptography, Terraform, AWS, software architecture, and Kubernetes. In addition to at least 15 years of commercial software development and demonstrated technical expertise, this individual is expected to liaise with many teams within the organization to coordinate efforts with these other teams; along with helping the Chief Engineer prioritize which projects and teams require the attention of a modernization effort. Our scale and traffic can go from stopped to crazy almost instantly, thus having experience with large-scale systems is important. Knowing when and how to scale systems and avoiding infrastructural gotchas is a key for this role.
This is an exciting time to come on board with Ticketmaster, as we look to the ''Return to Live'' later this year. We will be focusing on efforts towards modernization and operability, expanding capacity, and enhancing our platform in several ways.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Be part of a dynamic, highly focused team that is responsible for building software products that provide & exploit real-time and historical data on thousands of venues, millions of performances, and 170+MM users.
• Act in a highly autonomous, proactive fashion to understand team members with humanity and respect.
• Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious in solving problems with an understanding that there is always better.
• Highly technical with a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, cryptography, web security, and building large, distributed systems.
• An expert communicator; much of this role is about communication both internally and externally, so you should have experience at writing and speaking.
• The voice for change, sometimes being the voice for not change. Always weighing up trade-offs, always listening. What do you need to know and do:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Much of this role is about communication, both internally and externally, so you should have experience at writing and speaking.
• We don't require a formal CS education, but your experience and knowledge should be at a Masters or PhD level.
• We develop certain components in Rust and as such the ability to train in, or experience with, Rust is desired.
• Experience with Java, Python, GoLang, C++, .net ecosystems is valuable
• Experience with CD/CI build pipelines is desirable
• Working with Distributed technologies both in utility and implementation is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of data storage at scale (DataBricks, Spark, Cassandra, etc.) is desirable
• Experience with the AWS ecosystem is a plus
• Passion for learning, collaborating and building
• We learn from each other. You should be willing and able to mentor and educate your coworkers, as well as be educated and mentored by them.
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xy48-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.