WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to work with the Venue Management team Charlotte, NC. This position exercises overall responsibility for facility operations and physical plant, partnering with the leadership team in the market. This is an exempt role reporting to the General Manager.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Responsible for managing all aspects of facility operations and maintenance, including but not limited to, front of house operations, preventive maintenance, third party contracting, limited governmental relationships, staffing, and ongoing venue set-up and tear-down
• Must ensure that all outstanding tasks are handled either personally or through delegation to other staff members when appropriate
• Recruits, hires, trains and supervises part-time staff/supervisors of multiple departments including but not limited to: Security, Maintenance, Cleaning and Usher/Ticket Taker
• Develops and oversees overhead expense budgets for repairs and maintenance and venue supply expenses
• Works with General Manager, to assist in the preparation of annual operations budget
• Maintains and monitors records of all incident reports and investigates/manages all pending cases, including interviewing staff or other witnesses and attending arbitration hearings when necessary
• Ensure optimum operating condition of all facility equipment, such as traffic control and crowd control devices
• Investigates and resolves guest related complaints
• Implementation and execution of all Live Nation policies, procedures and programs and ensuring that company standards are maintained
• Creates and implements effective recruiting programs for seasonal event staff
• Manages event staff new hire onboarding and training for in-sourced positions as well as ensuring proper onboarding
• Manages any and all training programs and ongoing development of event staff
• Commit to providing a safe and enjoyable facility for guests and employees
• Development and maintenance of municipality relationships including police, fire, rescue, traffic and other departments
• Coordinate and manage approved subcontractors and third-party vendors to ensure safe, efficient and successful events
• Effectively manages and approves all payroll for in-house departments
• Responsible for all required governmental reports and files
• This position oversees and ensures the execution of all operating department compliance policies and procedures
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Candidate is a proven leader with strong management and communications skills
• Extensive knowledge of venue operations and facility management is required
• Minimum two years' experience as House/Operations Manager or a comparable role
• Experience dealing with police and public officials
• Along with venue General Manager represent the company and facility in all political and community matters and acts as a liaison with local municipalities
• Must have demonstrated experience managing multiple departments with a large number of staff- ideally experience managing Security, Ticket Takers and Ushers
• Computers skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Experience using Workday or time keeping systems is a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyovwm-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.